The Whitewater Rescue Technician Advanced course follows on from the Whitewater Rescue Technician course and is designed for outdoor professionals working in challenging environments, such as grade 4/5 water, unsupported expeditions or in gorges/canyons where vertical access/egress may be required.
As with the WRT, the focus is on solutions to common rescue situations, and effective use of river rescue kit.
Course content includes:
- Rescue planning and incident management
- Technical rescue equipment
- Advanced water rescue techniques
- Rope-based raising and lowering systems
- Initial search operations and management
- Casualty care and packaging
- Low angle casualty evacuation
- Whitewater Rescue Technician - Pro qualification